Shiba Inu coins first entered circulation in 2020 through a decentralized exchange offering on Uniswap at an initial Shib price of $0.0000000015. According to the Shiba Inu’s price history charts, the price of the Shiba token experienced its first notable rally in May 2021, topping at $0.000038 per Shiba Inu coin.
Another significant rally in the Shiba coin price came in October 2021, when the Shiba Inu coin price reached as high as $0.000088. Due to the massive Shiba token price increase, Shiba Inu easily outperformed all other digital currencies in 2021, having recorded a nearly 42,000x price increase during the span of the year.
The popularity of Shiba Inu led to listings on most major cryptocurrency exchanges, which means that SHIB can now be bought on Binance, Kucoin, Kraken, and virtually all of the most prominent digital asset trading platforms.
Here is what the historical SHIB price data tells us about key milestones in the token’s price history:
- $0.00000005 – Our earliest SHIB historical data shows Shiba Inu coins changed hands at $0.00000005 in Jun 2020
- $0.00000030 – By early Feb 2021, the price of Shiba Inu coin reached $0.00000030
- $0.00000100 – In the span of roughly a month, Shiba Inu coin’s price tripled to $0.00000100 in March 2021
- $0.00003000 – Broader crypto bull run pushed SHIB’s price to $0.00003000 in May 2021
- $0.00008000 – The price SHIB surpassed $0.00008000 in October 2021
With a monumental price increase after its launch, many investors have been looking at the possibility of Shiba Inu token reaching new milestones in the future. While Shiba Inu reaching $1 is all but impossible, lower milestones like $0.001 or even $0.01 remain within the realms of possibility.
For a glimpse into potential future SHIB price movements in addition to the Shiba Inu coin live price, you can follow our algorithmically generated Shiba Inu price predictions that take into account SHIB’s current price and a number of market indicators, including Fear & Greed Index, market sentiment, overall volatility, and more. You can also check the up-to-date market rate of 1 SHIB to USD via our handy crypto-to-fiat and crypto-to-crypto conversion feature.